Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Majorest Update Part Two.

Hello my Neglected. I am still here and alive as ever in Iceland. Well, I actually have a cold, and I've been quite drowsy, so, not "alive as ever", but I'm hanging in there. 

So, prior to Marine's leave, a whole month ago, we did have some pretty unforgettable adventures I have not filled you in on. For instance, we climbed Mount Esja here is Mosfellsbaer and found a geothermal heated beach that is free to visit in Reykjavik. 

Here are some pictures of Mount Esja, a mountain we climbed on the hottest day Iceland has had in years. We sweated profusely for a good five hours. 

The half way point view:


That's Benny, our Aussie friend, looking out over Reykjavik, Mosfellsbaer, and the shore.


And eventually, I got fed up with walking on the most tedious zig-zag trail all the way up the mountain, so, this was the point when I watched the others trudge on, and I just started climbing, as they call it, up the mountain off the trail, and enjoyed doing so in my trusty hiking shoes.


I got ahead of my friends by doing this, and finally I decided to sit and wait on a mossy rock for Marine to catch up. I told her it was faster and more fun to just climb right up. 

Come on, Marine! 


Here I stand proudly and a bit in disbelief at the top, catching my second wind before we head back down. 



Another cute plant close-up for Mr. Merle Connelly: 

(I miss you guys and think about napping on your couch after a delightful meal quite often.) 




Upon our last discoveries together, Marine and I visited this beach a few times before she left Iceland.


This enclosed part of the beach was heated geothermally, and Marine luckily had her swimsuit on, so she went for a dive. 



As the sun went down, the water became alluringly warm, and I didn't mind getting my dress wet. 


Mon Ami, 



Je voulais te dire que tu me manques et que je pense à toi.


No comments: